Affiliation. Department of Engineering "Enzo Ferrari", UNIMORE, Italy
c/o DIEF, via Vivarelli 12
41125 Modena, Italy
I’m Full Professor at the Department of Engineering “Enzo Ferrari” from the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, where he teaches Software Engineering and Big Data Analysis.
My research interests include scalable data management and integration (I’m working on the development of Machine Learning and Deep Learning explainable techniques to the Entity Resolution problem), data mining and analytics on big data (I’m working on techniques for anomaly and novelty detection, for supporting machine learning techniques in production), semantic web (I’m involved in projects for the creation and alignment of ontologies), and keyword based searches on structured datasets.
I participated in European and national projects. In particular, I coordinated the KEYSTONE COST Action, years 2013-2017, (IC 1302 KEYSTONE COST Action– Semantic Keyword Search on Structured Data Sources), and the Re-search Alps (INEA/CEF/ICT/A2016/1296967) project, years 2017-2019. I was Visiting Professor at the University of Rijeka in 2019. I’m a visiting reviewer for the AI thesis at the University of Malta (2022-2024).
Since September 2022, I’m Full Professor at the Department of Engineering “Enzo Ferrari”, of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. I teach Software Engineering and Big Data Analysis.
Since November 1, President of the bachelor and master’s degree course councils in computer engineering at the Department of Engineering “Enzo Ferrari”.
Since 2021, Coordinator of the curriculum of Computer Engineering and Science of the Doctorate Course in ICT at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
- Ph.D. in Information Engineering (2004). University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Master Degree in Information Engineering (2000). University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Diploma di Maturità Classica (1992). Liceo Classico “L. A. Muratori”, Modena, Italy
Institutional Web Page at UNIMORE
- EDBTAn Intrinsically Interpretable Entity Matching SystemIn EDBT 2023
- PVLDBTime2Feat: Learning Interpretable Representations for Multivariate Time Series ClusteringProc. VLDB Endow. 2022
- CIKMLandmark Explanation: An Explainer for Entity Matching ModelsIn CIKM 2021